Restart

My last post was from 2016! So I was almost gonna abandon this blog, because I haven't posted in so long and (mainly) because I still have all my college blog posts on this that are slightly embarrassing. As I started a new blog on wordpress, I realized I was too lazy to learn a whole new platform. When it comes down to it, blogger is so much simpler. Anyways...

Today was MDO Tuesday, which is probably my favorite day in the week - I get 5 hours to myself! Introvert heaven. Usually on MDO days, I procrastinate on devotions, because I keep thinking to myself that I have so much time, then I end up having no time. Today, especially, I had so many things on my to-do list, I really wanted to post-pone Bible reading again. So as I was doing the mundane tasks of housework, I kept praying to God to give me the desire to dive into His Word. I had to  pray for a desire because the truth was, there wasn't a desire. I wanted to do housework more than to read the Bible. I wanted to have alone time more than I wanted to spend time with God. I knew these thoughts weren't godly, but the flesh is weak. I prayed that I would desire God. As the items on the to-do list got crossed off, the time also got closer to picking up Elli. I saw the time, it was 1:20pm, just around 30minutes till I have to leave. I sat down, opened up my Bible, and started reading. Before I knew it, it was 1:50pm and I have to leave, but I wasn't finished! I wanted more! On the car to church to pick up Elli, I kept praying that Elli would nap when we got home so that I could have more time with Him. God answered my prayer.

Isn't it amazing? God also wanted to spend time with me! I asked for a desire and He gave me a desire. We know our need for Him, but often the desire doesn't match the need - probably most of the time. Ask God for the desire, because He desires us, so deeply; if he desires to spend time with us, why would He not give us the desire to spend time with Him. Ask Him, unashamedly, repeatedly, and approach His throne. I'm so glad I did. Every time I obey and spend time with Him, He speaks, and boy, do I love hearing Him speak! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal and Communal

Lovey Dovey

God Is So Good!