Alex



This is Alex. Enoch and I have known Alex for about a year. Alex came to America from China to learn english, hoping to get into UTA. We got to know him when we were doing college ministry at ACBC; he was probably one of the first ones we met. I remember thinking he's very 呆, when I first met him, because...he contacted us one day telling us he had no where to stay, cause he didn't read his lease, and didn't know it had ended...Enoch made many, many calls that day to find him a dorm. Every time we took him somewhere or helped him, we would share the gospel with him, but it always seemed to fly over his head. After we switched churches, we didn't really keep in touch with him, and it wasn't until last week that he texted us to have dinner. He said he would be returning to China within a week, so he wanted to say bye to his friends. We had dinner on Wednesday night, and talked for 3 hours. This past year and a half, he had been attending ISI faithfully, and now that he's about to leave, he told us, "I want to know the truth." He did not want his year and a half in america to be a waste, because he knows he will not be able to seek the truth in China. It shocked us. We began answering his questions, sharing with him the cost to follow Jesus, and the cost to not follow Jesus. In the end, he said, "I will think about it." On the way home, Enoch and I prayed for him, that we would be able to see him get baptized. The next morning, he texts Enoch, "are you going to come see me get baptized (or his exact words were "fall into the water?")?" We were so excited! God had moved in his heart, and we are so blessed to be able to witness it! PTL!

I started writing this when I was posting his picture on instagram, but then couldn't finish, so emailed it to myself to finish after retreat...so here I am, trying to write his story...that's the gist of it, I'm just so thankful! God is good! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal and Communal

Lovey Dovey

God Is So Good!